Dr. Matthew Fine, MD
Dr. Matthew Fine is a warm, detail-oriented urologist serving patients in Miramar, Florida. He applies a personal approach to treatment and his patients are like family. Originally from South Florida, he grew up in Kendall and graduated from Miami Killian Senior High School. Striving for a quick diagnosis, Dr. Fine determines and begins the proper treatment to solve his patients’ problems as quickly as possible. He has completed fellowships in male and female reconstructive surgery. Procedures performed by Dr. Fine include artificial urinary sphincter placement, insertion of penile prosthesis, complex anterior urethroplasty, robotic-assisted laparoscopic abdominal sacrocolpopexy, and anti-incontinence surgery for women. Dr. Fine keeps his practice up to date by attending conferences and seminars of the American Urological Association, the Society of Urodynamics, and Female Pelvic Medicine and Urogenital Reconstruction. When he is not treating patients or attending seminars, Dr. Fine enjoys music, opera, and watching and playing a variety of sports. He also enjoys spending time with his wife Lauren, an Allergist at University of Miami, their daughter Emma and their two dogs.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- American Board of Urology
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Miami
- Washington University, St. Louis (Bachelor’s)
- Northwestern University, Internship in General Surgery
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Residency in Urology
- Bladder Health and Reconstructive Urology Institute, Fellowship in Female Urology and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Urological Association
- Society of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine and Urogenital Reconstruction
- Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons
Awards and publications
- Society for fetal urology recommendations for postnatal evaluation of prenatal hydronephrosis--will fewer voiding cystourethrograms lead to more urinary tract infections? St Aubin M, Willihnganz-Lawson K, Varda BK, Fine M, Adejoro O, Prosen T, Lewis JM, Shukla AR. J Urol. 2013 Oct;190(4 Suppl):1456-61
- Posterior urethral valve treatments and outcomes in children receiving kidney transplants. Fine MS, Smith KM, Shrivastava D, Cook ME, Shukla AR. J Urol. 2011 Jun;185(6 Suppl):2507-11.
- Fine, MS, Gousse AE (2013). Mixed urinary incontinence. Expert Opinions in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (pp. 5-9). London, UK; JP Medical Publishers.
1951 SW 172nd Avenue, Suite 203
Miramar, FL 33029