Dr. Michael Zahalsky, MD
A Northeast native, Michael Zahalsky, M.D., is one of the only South Florida Urologists to specialize and treat Male infertility through microscopic procedures. Dr. Zahalsky is invigorating the esteemed urology departments at all the local hospitals with his enthusiasm and proficiency. Dr. Zahalasky came to South Florida and started his private practice in July 2005 following a dual fellowship at Boston University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where his work included innovative treatments for male and female sexual dysfunction and the implementation of microscopic urological procedures. Dr. Zahalsky's expertise centers on male infertility, male and female sexual dysfunction and minimally invasive urological procedures .This includes microsurgical varicocelectomy , a low risk procedure which improves semen production, testicular function and consequently yields higher pregnancy rates. He also specializes in the following urological procedures: male and female dysfunction, minimally invasive treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia with an in-office procedure; minimally invasive approaches to kidney stone removal; minimally invasive procedures for stress urinary incontinence in females; microscopic vasectomy reversal and laparoscopic kidney removal. In 2004, Dr. Zahalsky received a grant from the New York Academy of Medicine to research genetics of male infertility arising from the X-chromosome at the Whitehead Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Through an American Geriatric Society grant that same year, he taught the importance of geriatrics to Boston University Urology residents. Dr. Zahalsky credits these fellowships with his ability to bring new procedures to urology patients in Florida.
- American Republic Insurance Company
- Coral Springs Medical Center
- Imperial Point Medical Center
- North Broward Medical Center
- Florida Medical Center
- West Boca Medical Center
- American Board of Urology
Education and training
- Medical School - Brown University, Doctor of Medicine
- Beth Israel Medical Center, Residency in Urology
- Beth Israel Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- American Urological Association
- Society for the Study of Male Reproduction
- Society for Male Reproduction and Urology
- Endourological Society Member
Awards and publications
- “Endocrine Disorders” Michael P. Zahalsky, Andre Guay Chapter 14 in Male Sexual Dysfunction (Eds) Krane, Siroky, Goldstein (Pub) Churchill Livingstone. Pending Publication 2005.
- “The Physiology of Ejaculation” John Mulhall, Michael Zahalsky, Robert Oates Chapter 3 in Male Sexual Dysfunction (Eds) Krane, Siroky, Goldstein (Pub) Churchill Livingstone. Pending Punlication 2005.
- “Male Infertility on the Internet” Michael P. Zahalsky, Sean Wilson, Stephanie K. Lam, Chistopher Diblasio, Harris M. Nagler British Journal of Urology January 2005.
990 N. Federal Hwy
Pompano Beach, FL 33062
990 N Federal Hwy
Pompano Beach, FL 33062
5850 Coral Ridge Drive, Suite 106
Coral Springs, FL 33076
2951 NW 49th Avenue, Suite 308
Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33313