About Dr. Robert Spencer
* Please expect a phone call from this practice to confirm your appointment. Dr. Robert Spencer is an insightful, thorough podiatrist treating patients in Mission Viejo, California. His primary goal as a practitioner is to get patients back on their feet in a timely manner, through innovative techniques and quality education. In addition to providing care himself, he trains residents to become foot and ankle surgeons. Born and raised in Orange County, Dr. Spencer attended California State University for his undergraduate degree. He pursued his medical degree at the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine. Through the Kaiser North Bay Consortium, he completed a residency, training in podiatric treatments and surgical procedures at Kaiser Permanente Hospitals in Vallejo, Santa Rosa, and San Rafael. Patients visiting Dr. Spencer can receive a full range of podiatric care. He offers procedures including foot and ankle arthroscopy, flatfoot reconstruction, and treatment for foot and ankle trauma and bunions. He also works with U.S. Healthworks Medical Group, one of the largest worker’s compensation organizations in the state. When he is not treating patients, Dr. Spencer enjoys spending time with his family.
- Accountable Health Plan of Ohio
- Adventist Health
- Mission Hospital Laguna Beach
- Saddleback Memorial Medical Center - San Clemente
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Education and training
- Temple University, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- California State University, Fullerton (Bachelor's)
- Azusa Pacific University
- Kaiser Permanente, North Bay Consortium, Residency in Podiatric Surgery
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- California Podiatric Medical Association
Dr. Robert Spencer's office locations
Southern California Foot & Ankle Specialists
333 Corporate Drive, SUITE 110
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
Southern California Foot & Ankle Specialists
27800 Medical Center Rd, Suite 110
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Patient reviews for Dr. Robert Spencer
This was my 5th or 6th visit with Dr Spencer. The waiting room wait is always less than 10 minutes. Once I'm escorted to the exam room, the doctor comes in only a few minutes later. Dr Spencer is one of those doctors who walks in and shakes your hand, which immediately sets you at ease. He has a warm smile, and excellent eye contact. I found him to be very knowledgeable and professional, and would highly recommend him to family and friends. I requested an earlier appointment time at the last minute, and it was accommodated by the office.
Had a wonderful experience! Great staff and the Dr was awesome!! Very friendly, knowledgeable and made you feel very comfortable. State of the art office and easy parking too. Very happy I chose to see Dr Spencer!!
Dr. Spencer was very pleasant and explained everything throughly
He was incredibly kind, informative and generous with his time. I will absolutely go back and recommend others.
I had a very good experience with Dr. Spencer. The office is so efficient and there was no wait time from the check in to seeing the doctor. Jerry, his assistant, was very nice, sweet and professional. Dr. Spencer explained my issue thoroughly. I am super impressed with this office and staff. I highly recommend them.
Great experience at Dr. Spencer’s office! He took care of my problem right away and explained everything to me. Everyone in the office was very helpful and professional. Highly recommend!
Nice office, polite staff that greeted me right when i entered and didnt wait long at all. i filled out my paperwork online before i showed up so i didnt need to repeat any of that (signed like one thing). Dr was polite and knowledgeable. He spent a while with me and answered a lot of questions i had which was nice. thanks I'll be back
I came to Dr. Spencer very concerned about some lingering problems with my foot that were making it difficult to even walk. Instead of listening to my medical history or symptoms, he starts in on "you girls and your cute shoes". I let him know I have only been wearing flats approved by my physical therapist since I broke an ankle last year. He waves me off and goes back in with "but I bet they're cute" and "if you MUST wear cute shoes, change in the car, I know how you girls are". I left the appointment feeling unheard, demeaned, and concerned that I still have a serious problem he didn't bother to diagnose. I do want to mention that everyone else in the office was fantastic, the front desk had my paperwork from Zocdoc ready to go and the PA was super helpful and efficient. The appointment was on time and there was free wifi in the waiting room. However, I cannot in good conscious recommend this practice to anyone due to Dr. Spencer's lack of ability to look past my gender and see my symptoms.
I was so happy to get an appointment quickly as my ankle was really hurting. He was prompt and thorough and thankfully my issue is minimal and will resolve with rest. I highly recommend him and this office.
Great staff to go with a great doctor. Felt welcome from the moment I entered the office. Jerry his assistant is wonderful and is concerned and asks prudent questions. Dr Spencer went through the X-rays he took explaining and showing me what he saw on a tv on the wall. Answered questions in easy to understand language. Left feeling confident that my foot issues were being addressed and pain would subside
It was a pleasure meeting Dr. Spencer. He spent enough time with me and seemed interested.
LOVED this doctor experience. Dr. Spencer was thorough with a great bedside manner and his staff is STELLAR. Highly recommend.
Dr Spencer is always on time and very professional and is willing to listen and give feedback to any concerns i have...
Excellent doctor, very caring and informativ
He was wonderful with the lady I took to him who has dementia. She loves him. Karen R
He spent a lot of time with me explaining my conditions and informing me of my best options. I will be a returning patient.
Wonder office, clean and efficient and he is a wonderful DPM. We will continue to use him and have already set up other appointments. Thank you for making this easy. I highly recommend him. Karen R
Very professional. They were all nice.
Very friendly staff, very informative Doctor, very professional environment. Solved my issue within 5 minutes.
My experience was fantastic! I highly recommend!
I am so grateful for finding Dr. Spencer! He diagnosed my problem (plantar fasciitis with bone spurs) and gave me suggestions that I am confident will work. And being able to schedule an appointment online was the best!
Great doctor with a great sense of humor! Very quick and to the point!
Absolutely great. Good recommendations.On time
I'm an allied health professional and am therefore perhaps too picky, but I have to say that the visit was truly a pleasure and worth the 90 mile drive (each way). The office staff (Karen) was great and Dr. Spencer was not only super approachable, but not put off by my own "knowledge" which allowed for a great discussion and thorough assessment!
Great experience. Very professional team and doctor. Everyone was very pleasant. Assessed the problem and scheduled a follow up so we will see how the treatment goes, but I felt very comfortable that he made an accurate assessment and recommendation for treatment.
I was thoroughly impressed with my visit with Dr. Spencer. He spent lots of time answering questions and while I was a bit disappointed in the outcome, it had nothing to do with Dr. Spencer. He was knowledgeable and kind. He listened to my comments and gave me his best and honest opinion. I would definitely recommend him and would definitely go back~ Thanks~
Extremely professional and took the time to clearly explain my injury and how to heal in the fastest way. Friendly and upbeat doctor.
After being seen by several doctors and having several x-rays done of my broken foot, Dr. Spencer was the first to see my lisfranc fracture! Though it is terrible news, I am thankful for his knowledge and expertise to have caught it. He was very patient with me as I cried at the news, and was willing to spend as much time with me as needed to answer all of my questions. Julie in his office is great too, and even gave me a hug on the way out the door.
Dr Spencer clearly explained the cause of my foot pain and gave me two treatment options.
I had been avoiding podiatrists for many years. That is like avoiding your family doctor because you don't want to admit you are sick - bad idea.
Dr. Spencer and his staff were very professional and attentive to my concerns...
Very busy office, but well run and organized. Staff was extremely efficient and nice to boot :) Dr. Spencer has a very good bedside manner and very knowledgeable ,informative in his practice. Only downside is, they don't validate parking in the structure, but it's only a couple of bucks,, so not a big deal.
The staff were very helpful with The information that was given to me And The doctor was excelent
Friendly and professional!
Dr Spencer explained to me the process that was needed to start healing my foot pain. He showed several ways to alleviate it. His assistant was also helpful in showing other methods to begin the healing process.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Foot Consultation
- Foot Follow Up
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Ankle Fracture
- Ankle Injuries / Sprain
- Ankle Surgery
- Athlete's Foot
- Bone Prominence
- Bone Spurs
- Diabetic Foot
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- More Procedures
- Aetna Podiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Podiatrists
- Cigna Podiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Podiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Podiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Podiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Podiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Podiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Podiatrists
- More Insurances