Dr. Syed Iman Husain, MD
Dr. Syed Iman Husain is a mindful and compassionate cardiologist serving the communities of Middle Village and Jamaica, NY. Dr. Husain obtained his medical degree from the Ross University School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Maimonides Medical Center, where he was awarded as resident of the month. He also completed a fellowship in Interventional Cardiology and in General Cardiovascular disease at the same institute. He also spent a year at The Texas Heart Institute which is a world renowned institute where he finished a post doctoral fellowship in Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant. Dr. Husain is a part of Hope Medical Services PC. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular disease, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He is a member of the American College of Cardiology, the American College of Physicians, and the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. Dr. Husain is fluent in English, Hindi, Urdu and Farsi. His awareness of these different languages makes him accessible to patients from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Outside of his practice he loves reading, traveling, teaching, cricket and soccer. Dr. Husain is dedicated to helping patients receive the treatment they need so they can enjoy a positive and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
- Interventional Cardiology (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Ross University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Maimonides Medical Center, Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease
- Maimonides Medical Center, Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology
- Maimonides Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Texas Heart Institute, Fellowship in Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant
- Dr. Husain is board certified in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Awards and publications
- Chadha S, Husain SI, Shetty V, Hollander G, Frankel R, Shani J. et al. “Anomalous origin of left main coronary artery from right sinus of valsalva.” Tex Heart Inst J. 2014 Oct 1;41(5):558-9. doi: 10.14503/THIJ-12-3008. eCollection 2014 Oct.
- Khan N, Husain SI, Bogaev RB, Kar B, Frazier O.H. et al. “Remission from chronic anthracycline-induced heart failure on continuous flow left ventricular assist device.” Tex Heart Inst J. 2012;39 (4):554-6
- Husain SI, Ayzenberg S, Malik B, Frankel R, Hollander G, Shani J et al. “Recurrent Left Main Coronary Artery and Diffuse Vasospasm Treated with Left Main Coronary Artery Stenting.” Oral Presentation at American College of Cardiology scientific meeting April 2011.
Hope Medical Services PC
7812 Metropolitan Ave
Middle Village, NY 11379
Hope Medical Services PC
8740 165th St
Jamaica, NY 11432