About Dr. Alvaro M. Murcia
Dr. Alvaro Murcia practices cardiology and internal medicine in Pembroke Pines, Florida. He completed his residency in internal medicine and fellowship in cardiology at Mount Sinai Medical Center and holds board certifications in cardiovascular disease and nuclear cardiology. He is also a member of the American College of Cardiology and the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology. To better serve his patients, he speaks both English and Spanish.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Memorial Hospital Pembroke
- Memorial Hospital West
- Memorial Regional Hospital
- Memorial Hospital Miramar
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
- Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
Education and training
- Medical School - Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Bogotá Facultad de Medicina
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Fellowship in Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
Dr. Alvaro M. Murcia's office location
Alvaro Murcia, MD
18503 Pines Boulevard, Suite 303
Pembroke Pines, FL 33029
Patient reviews for Dr. Alvaro M. Murcia
Staff was welcoming upon arrival - some more than others. Doctor took his time and seemed to be focused on our time together. Did not seemed rushed, which I appreciated. He is very blunt and to the point so if you’re looking for touchy feeley he may not be the one for you. But he was very thorough and explained things well. He was also very stern about the need for me to take accountability for my actions and for the need to make changes to my lifestyle
excellent attention. Short waiting.
The dr was great. He explained everything in a profesional matter. My only thing was the nurses he had. Most of them seem like they are lost. Other than that dr was great
The staff and doctor was very professional. They communicated with me and helped me understand the medical terminology used throughout the process. They went above and beyond. They were great!
What I LOVED was I did NOT feel rushed when he entered the room, happy to answer any and every question I had, ordered necessary tests, and great attitude!
The staff was very nice,helpful and professional especially Joanne. Dr. Muria was very knowledgeable and friendly.
Excellent I would recommend him to my friends and family.
I knew Dr. Murcia years ago and he was my favorite Dr.then , but after I moved a long distance from his office, I had to find another cardiologist. I am so glad I saw Dr. Murcia again ! He remains my very favorite doctor still! He really listens to my concerns & I appreciate his friendliness & honesty. I highly recommend Dr. Murcia!!
my first impression was Satisfactory. its assessment was thorough and reassuring! The office's equipe was kind and professional, in general I suggest him.
Staff was very professional and friendly ..doctor was very thorough and explained everything ..not to mention very friendly !
Very helpful and professional. The staff was also very knowledgeable and amenable.
It was great. The whole staff is nice and professional!
Visita para chequeo. Las recepcionistas y el doctor son muy amables. Hablan mi idioma (Español) por lo que se me facilita la comunicación. El consultorio está en óptimas condiciones.
He listened and answered all of our questions.
Dr. Murcia provided excellent care.
Es un gran profesional, una excelente atencion tanto de sus asistentes como la de el doctor Alvaro M Murcia.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Cardiology Consultation
- Cardiology Follow Up
- Abnormal ECG / EKG
- Atrial Flutter
- Bypass Surgery Consultation - CABG
- Bypass Surgery Follow Up - CABG
- Calcium CT Scan
- Cardiology Second Opinion
- Cardiovascular Screening Visit
- Carotid Doppler
- Catheter Ablation
- Cholesterol / Lipids Checkup
- Coronary Angiography
- Defibrillator Checkup
- More Procedures
- Aetna Cardiologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- Cigna Cardiologists
- UnitedHealthcare Cardiologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Cardiologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Cardiologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Cardiologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Cardiologists
- More Insurances