About Dora Ghetie
Note re Insurance: I AM NOT in-network with Independence Blue Cross, Keystone, and Personal Choice. If you see me as an out-of-network provider, I will give you receipts you can submit for reimbursement. The fee for an initial evaluation is $175. I am a licensed psychologist practicing in Bryn Mawr, PA. I work with people from all walks of life, with all sorts of problems. I provide individual therapy to late adolescents (over 18 yrs old) and adults. I worked for many years in college counseling. My current practice is about half young adults and half adults of all ages. I am LGBTQ friendly and also enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds and multicultural individuals. Whether you are seeking help for a specific problem or more general dissatisfaction with your life, I think of therapy as a learning process, a way to become more self-aware, a path to better relationships and to living a life that feels meaningful and fulfilling. Such learning takes effort because change, even for the better, is often hard. But it’s a little easier to change within the context of a supportive relationship with a therapist. Therapy is not a quick fix. If you are looking for someone to help you with a specific symptom in a short period of time, I am not the best therapist for you. But if you are interested in a deeper exploration of yourself and personal growth that goes beyond reducing current symptoms, we would probably work well together.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
Education and training
- Widener University, PsyD in Clinical Psychology
- Institute for Relational Psychoanalysis of Philadelphia (Psychoanalytic Studies)
- Philadelphia Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology
- American Psychological Association, Division of Psychoanalysis
Awards and publications
- Loving Faeden: Psychoanalytic reflections on the relationship between a therapist and her dog 2011
- The debate over time-limited treatment in college counseling centers 2007
- Widener University Award for Academic and Clinical Excellence 2004
Dora Ghetie's office location
Dora Ghetie Psy.D.
705 Haverford Rd
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Patient reviews for Dora Ghetie, PsyD
I'd never been to a therapist before and Dr. Ghetie made things easy and comfortable. Her office was very nice and she was professional and understanding. You can read more about her on her website , and I would highly recommend her. She also helped with figuring out insurance coverage and made everything clear with payments etc.
I've never gone to therapy before, but after recently graduating I've felt like I wanted to start going as my life was changing. She made it really easy to open up and I truly feel like she is helping me with everything I bring to the table.
I have been working with Dora for over 6 years. She has not only helped me, but she has helped save me. I would recommend Dora to anyone looking to dig deep into their past to create a better future. She has an incredible ability to make clients feel safe, heard and valued. If you are considering a new psychologist, Dr. Dora Ghetie may be the perfect fit for you.
Dora is a warm, caring, and thoughtful person and I can’t recommend her highly enough.
Dora was recommended by a friend and I am most thankful. Dora has been professional and kind throughout our work together. Dora has the ability to understand what you need at any given time,as with therapy your needs change. The therapeutic relationship is the core of what Dora builds upon. She is honest,intelligent,caring and has provided help, healing and understanding at a crucial time in my life.
Very easy to talk to you and helped me immensely. Easy to book appointments and very flexible when it comes to scheduling. Would highly recommend!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Pre-Move In Couples Counseling
- Academic Psychology Testing
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent / Teen Issues
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cognitive Therapy
- Couples Conflict Resolution
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- Cigna Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychologists
- More Insurances