Dr. Ernesto Hernandez, MD
A native of Caguas, Puerto Rico, Dr. Hernandezis a dedicated and diligent cardiologist based in Canton, GA. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Puerto Rico in Rio Piedras and attended medical school at Universidad Central del Caribe in Puerto Rico. He completed his internal medicine residency at the Veteran Administration Medical Center in San Juan, and his cardiovascular disease fellowship at Ponce School of Medicine Damas and Saint Luke Hospital. Dr. Hernandez also completed a proctorship in interventional cardiology at the Missouri Baptist Medical Center part of BJC Healthcare. He then went on to complete his nuclear cardiology training at Emory University in Atlanta. Dr. Hernandez is board certified in cardiovascular disease and a fellow of the American College of Cardiology. His special interests include general cardiology, invasive, and interventional cardiology. Dr. Hernandez joined WellStar Medical Group, Cardiovascular Medicine in January 2011 after being part of the Atlanta Heart Center since 2002 where he was a founding physician. He is currently on staff at WellStar Kennestone hospital.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- WellStar Kennestone Hospital
- Cardiovascular Disease (Internal Medicine)
Education and training
- Medical School - Universidad Central del Caribe School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Ponce Health Sciences University, St. Luke's Hospital, Fellowship in Cardiovascular Disease
- University of Puerto Rico (Bachelor's)
- Veterans Health Administration, Residency in Internal Medicine
- American College of Cardiology
WellStar Medical Group Cardiovascular Medicine
687 Marietta Highway
Canton, GA 30114