Dr. Francisco Gelpi-Hammerschmidt, MD
Dr. Gelpi joins Houston Metro Urology from Harvard University, where he completed a fellowship in Urologic Oncology. He specializes in minimally invasive surgical procedures concerning the treatment of malignant genitourinary diseases such as cancer of the prostate, bladder, and other urologic tissue. Minimally invasive surgery refers to the approach of treatment that requires small to no incision relative to what is traditionally used in open surgery, while yielding comparable results. Using these minimally invasive techniques along with the latest in medical technology, Dr. Gelpi is able to greatly reduce patient discomfort post surgery and insure a more rapid recovery time. He has published in multiple peer-reviewed medical journals, presented at multiple regional/national meetings, and received many awards for his works. His passion for medical advances is only surpassed by the well being and care for his patients.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Urology
Education and training
- Harvard University, Fellowship in Urologic Oncology
- Medical School - University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Residency in Urology
- American College of Physician Executives
- American Urological Association
- Endourological Society
Houston Metro Urology PA
9230 Katy Freeway, Suite 510
Houston, TX 77055