Dr. Huiping Xu, MD
I've been an assistant professor for years at Baylor College of Medicine before I opened up private clinic. I am ABPN board certified and newly opened to insurance. Please fill out intake form as first step to be offered an appointment. We charge for no show out of your own pocket at supposed appointment time unless cancelled 72 hr prior. I treat patients who suffer from a variety of mental illnesses such as major depression, anxiety, PTSD, bipolar disorder, panic disorder, schizophrenia, and schizoaffective disorder, with empathy, passion, and expertise. I mainly do medication management along with psychotherapy. With educational background in both western and eastern medicine, I take a unique approach to address your underlying psychological conflict, life stress, and coping skills. I am dedicated to help you develop a better self, and move towards a more fulfilling life.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Psychiatry (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Education and training
- University of Texas, Houston, Residency in Psychiatry
- Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Master's in Neuroscience
- Gothenburg University (PhD)
- University of California, San Francisco (Fellowship)
- Medical School - Nantong University Medical School, Bachelor of Medicine
- The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center (Fellowship)
- Göteborgs Läkaresällskap
- Swedish Medical Association
Awards and publications
- 4. Dozmorov, M., Niu, Y.-P., Xu, H.-P., Li, R., Sandberg, M. and Wigström, H., Potentiation and depression of hippocampal synapses during test frequency stimulation. Abstract, prog. no. 648.4. 2002. Washington, DC: Soc. for Neuroscience, 2002, CDROM.
- 6. Elected as “Harris hero” in 2016 by patient at Harris Health System
- 1. Huiping Xu, Zhongshu Tang, and Changfu Zhou: Schwann cell promotes survival and outgrowth of cholinergic neurons both in co-culture and co-graft. (Chinese Journal of Neuroanatomy, March 2001 17(1): 1-5)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Wholehealth Professional LLC
9440 Bellaire Blvd, Suite 232
Houston, TX 77036