About Dr. Laura Baur
I strive to combine evidence-based medicine with interpersonal connection and self-exploration. I use evidence-based prescribing practices and current APA guidelines, but I always consider case particulars and include you in the medical decision-making process. In addition to finding the best medical treatments, I also believe in the transformative power of psychotherapy. I have found my therapeutic work with individuals to be some of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Making connections to another human being, exploring one’s own mind, and solving problems together are fundamental to the healing process. I take a modern relational approach to therapy. This explores interpersonal relationships, including the one between the therapist and the patient. Within this framework, I also incorporate modern dynamic, interpersonal, CBT, and DBT techniques to best suit my patients’ individual needs. My therapy office is a supportive and nurturing environment where people can get help that they need and find out more about themselves. I look forward to meeting you.
Education and training
- Medical School - Columbia University, Doctor of Medicine
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Residency in Psychiatry
- William Alanson White Institute of Psychiatry, Psychoanalysis & Psychology (Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy)
- American Psychiatric Association
Dr. Laura Baur's office location
Laura Baur MD
116 West 23rd St, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10011
Patient reviews for Dr. Laura Baur
Excellent, looking forward to another session. Very easy to talk to and her credentials are outstanding.
She really is an amazing dr. So easy to talk to and the regimen she has me on is definitely working. The only problem was I was crying and there were no tissues in the office which I thought was strange for someone in this field.
Dr. Bauer is thoughtful and easy to talk to. I’ve really appreciated being able to speak so openly to her, and knowing that she’s considering my overall well-being and long term health and happiness. Highly recommend.
Amazing and understanding physician. .
Amazing and patient - understands patients needs and is very knowledgeable how to help.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Psychiatry Consultation
- Psychiatry Follow Up
- Addiction Consultation
- Addiction Follow Up
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Art Therapy
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Therapy
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychiatrists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- Cigna Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychiatrists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychiatrists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychiatrists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychiatrists
- More Insurances