Dr. Renee Lantner, MD
Pediatric Allergist, Allergist, Immunologist
FOR NEW PATIENT FORMS TO FILL OUT FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT.*** Dr. Lantner received her medical degree in 1984 from Northwestern University, then completed a pediatrics residency at Indiana University, Indianapolis, followed by a combined adult and pediatric fellowship in allergy/immunology at S.U.N.Y. at Buffalo and Children's Hospital of Buffalo. She spent the first ten years of her career as a clinical and teaching attending physician at Loyola University Medical Center in the Department of Pediatrics and Department of Medicine. She then chose to pursue a part-time career in private practice and joined Dr. Abhi Ganju in 2000. Dr. Lantner served as President for both the Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and the Suburban Asthma Consortium. She is a medical advisor for POCA (Parents of Children with Allergies) of DuPage and volunteers as a lecturer for Loyola University Department of Pediatrics and the La Grange Hospital Community Family Practice Residency Program. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology and the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. She is particularly interested in challenging cases involving asthma and allergy and enjoys coupling medical advice with lifestyle changes, such as healthy diet, exercise and the pursuit of meaningful "personal time". Plans for care are personalized based on the patient's symptoms, of course, but also acknowledging patient preferences, lifestyle and situations, which differ for everyone. FOR NEW PATIENT FORMS TO FILL OUT FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT.***
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Pediatric Allergist
- Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology
Education and training
- Indiana University, Residency in Pediatrics
- Medical School - Northwestern University
- State University of New York, Buffalo, Fellowship in Allergy and Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Illinois Society of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
Awards and publications
- Lantner R, Espiritu B, Tobin M. Effect of Naphcon-A on histamine skin test reactivity. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1993; 91:364 (abstract).
- Lantner R, Tobin MC. Pharmacist advice to asthmatics regarding antihistamine use. Ann Allergy 1991; 66:411-413.
- Lantner R, Ros SP. Blue jeans thighs (Letter). Pediatrics 1991; 88(2):417.
Western Springs Asthma and Allergy
5600 Wolf Road, Suite 135
Western Springs, IL 60558