About Dr. Richard Blanks
*PLEASE BE ADVISED: PATIENTS WITH HMO INSURANCES *MUST* HAVE A REFERRAL!* Dr. Blanks has been in practice for over 15 years and is a graduate of the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University. He completed his fellowship training in sports medicine surgery at the Orthopedic Specialty Hospital in Salt Lake City. He is a Long Beach native and enjoys skiing and traveling. Dr. Blanks is married with two children. Dr. Blanks specializes in procedures such as knee arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction, knee cartilage surgery, shoulder arthroscopy and rotator cuff repair. Dr. Blanks regularly attends conferences of the Arthroscopy Association of North America and uses cutting-edge technology with the latest techniques in knee and shoulder surgery/arthroscopy. He currently is using PRP injections in the office for various Orthopedic problems.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (Orthopaedic Surgery)
Education and training
- Medical School - Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Doctor of Medicine
- The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital, Fellowship in Sports Medicine Surgery
- University of Massachusetts, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- Brown University, Internship in Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- California Orthopaedic Association
Dr. Richard Blanks's office location
11190 Warner Ave, 300
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Patient reviews for Dr. Richard Blanks
Very kind and professional
DR Blanks is friendly, very knowledgeable and gave good advice.
Very nice doctor...explained everything to me so i could clearly understand what is going on with my shoulder.
Informative and caring
Pleasant. Very kind staff. Doctor had X-rays taken, explained findings and went over procedure options clearly. Didn’t spend a lot of time with me nor asked if I had any questions though. Opted for physical therapy, will see him again if necessary afterwards.
Thanks so much for seeing me at short notice and after hobbling in, I walked right out pain free!
I had an appointment at 9:00am, and I finally saw the doctor at 9:45. He spent about 5 minutes with me discussing a problem I have with me knee. He did a brief exam and told me I needed an MRI to really tell him what's going on. He did explain that it takes a few days for the approval to come from the insurance company and to come back to his office after the scan. Overall, the doctor was efficient. He was not exactly personable, but he was not rude. And while I felt like my time with him was very fast he did answer my questions without being too rushed. The only thing that struck me odd was that I brought in my X-Rays, but he didn't even mention them. I had to ask him if he had seen anything concerning and if I could have the CD back.
It was great experience! Came and hour early and was taken right in, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Muy buen doctor y amable
Difficult to say because everyone has a different specialtiy that they specialize in. Overall good looking Office.
Dr Blanks was very pleasant and professional.
I came to see Dr. Blanks to ask him what I could do about my tennis elbow as it was really painful. I got some x-rays and a cortisone shot, which wasn't expected however I am now pain free and have resumed working out.
Dr. Blank's is very informative and helpful. Got me an MRI appointment right away. Called me in a couple days to let me know the results. Good doctor.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Orthopedic Consultation
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Bone Density Measurement / DXA Scan
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Ankle Problems
- Anterior Cruciate Insufficiency
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Back Problems
- Brittle Bones / Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Broken Ribs
- More Procedures
- Aetna Orthopedic Surgeons
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- Cigna Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Orthopedic Surgeons
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Orthopedic Surgeons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Orthopedic Surgeons
- More Insurances