About Dr. Richard Schmidt
As a Orthopedic Oncologic Surgeon, Dr. Schmidt is affiliated with some of the finest teaching hospitals and medical centers in the Philadelphia area. Dr Schmidt has been practicing in his field for over 30 years. He graduated from Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine in 1980. He completed his internship, orthopedic residency and research fellowship at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in 1985. Following his residency, Dr. Schmidt completed an orthopedic oncologic fellowship at Shands Teaching Hospital at the University of Florida in Gainesville. Dr. Schmidt is devoted to his patients and takes pride in delivering the highest quality of orthopedic surgical care possible. He works with other specialists as part of his belief in a team approach for patients with orthopedic cancer. Dr Schmidt is Chief of Orthopedic Oncology at Lankenau Medical Center. He has served as Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at Lankaneu Medical Center in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, President of the medical staff at Lankenau Medical Center, President of the Medical staff at Main Line Health, Medical Director of Orthopedic Oncology at Cancer Treatment Centers of America, and as an attending surgeon at The Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia. He is a diplomat of the American Academy of Orthopedics Surgeons, and member of the Pennsylvania Orthopedic Society. Dr. Schmidt has served as past president of The Pennsylvania Orthopedic society.
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Muscoloskeletal Oncologist
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Education and training
- Medical School - Pennsylvania State University, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania, Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Pennsylvania, Residency in Orthopedic Surgery
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Fellowship in Orthopedic Oncology
Dr. Richard Schmidt's office location
Richard G. Schmidt MDPC
15 N Presidential Blvd, Suite 300
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Patient reviews for Dr. Richard Schmidt
Can not express the trust, faith, satisfaction I have in doctor Schmidt and his staff. Unfortunately I have needed him many times and fortunately he was there for me. The staff is alway available to take questions and give full attention to you. My mother now uses Dr. Schmidt.
Staff friendly as usual. Dr. Schmidt listens and open to discussion. Answers questions and addresses concerns.
Very good last visit.
Dr. Schmidt is one of the reason why I have my leg and still able to walk. I had cancer of the right knee, with extensive surgery and reconstructive muscle flap procedures. I am doing great. He is a wonderful guy to have in your corner. Thank you god!!
My visit was great. The doctor keeps up with my condition and keeps me informed as to any changes. I always leave the office with peace of mind. I highly recommend the doctor.
Very positive Dr. Schmidt took the time to revue my problem and made suggestions to help me.
Visit was fantastic, Dr. Schmidt is the greatest orthopedic surgeon ever!
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Orthopedic Consultation
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Bone Density Measurement / DXA Scan
- Achilles Tendon Rupture
- Ankle Problems
- Anterior Cruciate Insufficiency
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injury
- Back Problems
- Brittle Bones / Osteogenesis Imperfecta
- Broken Ribs
- More Procedures
- Aetna Orthopedic Surgeons
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- Cigna Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Orthopedic Surgeons
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Orthopedic Surgeons
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Orthopedic Surgeons
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Orthopedic Surgeons
- More Insurances