Dr. Shabnam Shahabadi, MD
Dr. Shahabadi graduated Summa Cum Laude from the George Washington University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Washington DC. She earned her Doctorate of Medicine degree from the George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences in 2003 and completed a residency in dermatology at the George Washington University and Washington Hospital Center in 2007. She is a Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners and is Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology. She is an active member of the American Academy of Dermatology, and Women’s Dermatologic Society and the American Medical Association. After completing her residency, Dr. Shahabadi joined the Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology at Thomas Jefferson University and served as assistant clinical professor between 2007 and 2008. During her stay at Thomas Jefferson University, she was involved in the education of dermatology residents and medical students. Dr. Shahabadi has clinical interest in general adult and pediatric dermatology, dermatologic surgery, as well as aesthetic dermatology including therapeutic use of botulism toxin A, sclerotherapy and soft tissue fillers.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Dermatology
Education and training
- George Washington University, Internship in Internal Medicine
- George Washington University, Washington Hospital Center, Residency in Dermatology
- Medical School - George Washington University, Doctor of Medicine
- American Academy of Dermatology
- International Society of Dermatology
Awards and publications
- Kachemoune A, Shahabadi S, Kupiec A, Kauffman L. What are these whitish papule? Skin and Aging. 11(6): 76-78, June 2003.
- Kachemoune A, Shahabadi S. What kind of ear piercing is this? Skin and Aging. 12(4): 86-88, April 2004.
- Kachemoune A, Shahabadi S, Kauffman L. Man with numerous facial papules. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 49: 163-64, July 2003
- Chief Resident in Dermatology at the Washington Hospital Center
- Shahabadi S, Gayer K, McGrane O. What caused these gland and skin changes? Skin and Aging. 14(8): 66-70. August 2006
Plastic Surgery and Dermatology Associates
8501 Arlington Blvd, Suite 310
Fairfax, VA 22031