Dr. Vahid Rahimian, DO
Dr. Vahid Rahimian is an Allergist treating patients in New York City. He is certified by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology, 2012 and the American Board of Internal Medicine, 2010. His interests include asthma, food allergy, drug allergy, allergic rhinitis and chronic sinusitis. Dr. Rahimian treats patients for many conditions including animal, food, drug, and seasonal allergies, eczema, asthma, rash and hives.
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Education and training
- Medical School - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Saint Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Fellowship in Allergy and Immunology
Awards and publications
- 1) Down-regulation of regulatory cytokine production in severe food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES). Harumi Jyonouchi, Lee Geng, Deana Streck, Vahid Rahimian, Gokce A. Toruner, Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, 2012 (submitted)
- 2) Innate immune responses differ in patients with food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES) who respond well to the restrictive diet and those who do not. Vahid Rahimian, Lee Geng, Pamela Kattouf, Harumi Jyonouchi. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Feb 2012; Vol. 129, Issue 2, Supplement, Page AB96.
- 3) An IL-1 receptor antagonist (anakinra) as a therapeutic option for treatment-resistant seizures (TRS). Vahid Rahimian, Harumi Jyonouchi, Abstract. Annals of allergy, asthma and Immunology.2011 Nov; 107 pg89.
40-11 Warren St., 2nd Floor
Elmhurst, NY 11373
121 East 60th Street, Suite 4C
New York, NY 10022