Dr. Erfan Joseph Nadji, MD
Dr. Nadji is a fellowship trained board certified ophthalmologist. He takes pride in seeing his patients in an efficient manner and always gives them the chance to ask any and all of their questions. He specializes in suture-less cataract surgery and is one of the few surgeons in Santa Monica performing the newest laser cataract surgery. He is available for ophthalmic consultation and can screen for glaucoma, dry eyes, macular degeneration, cataracts, keratoconus, and diabetes. Dr. Nadji graduated from the University of Texas at Austin and attended medical school at the University of Texas Southwestern. He then moved to New York to complete his residency at Nassau University Medical Center and his cornea fellowship at Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island under the mentorship of Dr. Henry Perry and Dr. Eric Donennfeld, two leaders in the field. In fellowship, Dr. Nadji specialized in advanced cataract surgery, premium intraocular lenses, cornea transplants, and the latest techniques in laser and refractive surgery. In his free time, Dr. Nadji can be found playing sports and enjoying the weather with his wife and baby girl. He would be humbled for the opportunity to be a part of the care of your eyes.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Education and training
- Medical School - University of Texas, Southwestern, Doctor of Medicine
- Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island, Fellowship in Cornea and Refractive Surgery
- Nassau University Medical Center (Residency)
- University of Texas, Austin (Bachelor’s)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Awards and publications
- Nadji EJ, Donnenfeld ED, et al. Corneal Astigmatic Correction by Femtosecond Laser Incisions. Cataract Surgery: Maximizing Outcomes Through Research.(Book Chapter)
- Nissirios N, Barsam A, Nadji E, Donnenfeld ED, Perry HD. Relationship of Bell’s Phenomenon with Salzmann’s Nodular Degeneration. Cornea. 2013; 32:939-42.
- Arciniega JC, Nadji EJ, Butovich IA. Effects of free fatty acids on meibomian lipid films. Exp Eye Res. 2011; 93:452-9.
Erfan Joseph Nadji, M.D.
1301 20th Street, #260
Santa Monica, CA 90404