Dr. Josh Glatman, MD
Retina & Vitreous Surgeon, Ophthalmologist
**PLEASE BE ADVISED: DR. GLATMAN IS A RETINA SPECIALIST & ONLY SEES PATIENTS AGES 18+! Dr. Glatman is NOT a pediatric doctor & he does NOT prescribe glasses and/or contact lenses! ** Dr. Josh Glatman, MD, FAAO is a board certified ophthalmologist with special interest and expertise in the disorders of the retina, macula, and vitreous. As a fellowship-trained retina specialist and surgeon, he has been active as an instructor and lecturer of colleagues, residents, medical students and in retina private practice. He was chosen by residents and staff, as the teaching ophthalmology professor of the year at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in 2012. Dr. Glatman specializes in complex retinal detachments, diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration. He specializes in all diseases and surgery of the retina, including retinal vascular diseases, retinal detachment repair, macular hole and epiretinal membrane surgery. Dr. Glatman employs the newest and most successful diagnostic and treatment modalities in the management of these conditions, including use of spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (OCT), fluorescein angiography, retina lasers and small gauge sutureless vitrectomy techniques.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Retina & Vitreous Surgeon
- The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary
- VA New York Harbor Healthcare System - Brooklyn Campus
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Education and training
- Medical School - State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Doctor of Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center, Internship in General Surgery
- State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Residency in Ophthalmology
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Fellowship in Vitreoretinal Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
Awards and publications
- 2014 Super Doctors Rising Star by New York Times Magazine
- Patient's Choice Award - Top Doctor
- Teaching Ophthalmology Professor of the Year at SUNY Downstate Medical Center 2012
Retina & Macula Consultants, P.C.
4300 Hylan Blvd., Suite 2B
Staten Island, NY 10312