Dr. Laura Ispas, MD
Dr. Laura Ispas graduated from the Institute of Medicine in Timisoara Romania in 1990. She then continued to complete her residency in Internal Medicine at East Carolina University in North Carolina in 1999 and a fellowship in Allergy Asthma Immunology also at East Carolina University in 2001. Since 2016 she is the owner and CEO of Allergy Asthma & Immunology Institute, in Lansdowne, VA Dr. Ispas is also on Staff at Inova Fairfax Hospital and Inova Loudoun Hospital in Northern Virginia. She was also featured as America's Top Physicians 2014. As a published author who is active in clinical research involving trial medications, she often leads presentations to residents and primary care physicians on the newest and most effective methods to treat allergies and asthma. Named Top Doctor in Phoenix, AZ in 2010, 2012, and 2013, Dr. Ispas-Ponas also volunteers for ACAAI National Asthma Screening Programs. To her many satisfied patients, Dr. Ispas is known for taking pride in providing a personalized approach to symptom management for long-term comfort and well-being.
- Affinity Health Plan
Education and training
- Medical School - Universitatea de Medicina si Farmacie Victor Babes Facultatea de Medicina
- East Carolina University, Residency in Internal Medicine
- East Carolina University, Fellowship in Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- World Allergy Organization
Awards and publications
- Top Doctor in Phoenix, AZ in 2010, 2012, and 2013.
Allergy Asthma & Immunology Institute
19455 Deerfield Ave, Suite 205
Lansdowne, VA 20176