Dr. Michael Saavedra, MD
Phoenix Allergy & Asthma is dedicated to providing the most up to date medical care to those who suffer with either seasonal or perennial allergy symptoms. Dr. Michael Saavedra is double Board Certified by the American Board of Allergy & Immunology and the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Saavedra is a Phoenix allergist providing comprehensive allergy treatments for patients that suffer from seasonal or perennial sinus allergies, food allergies, hives, eczema, drug allergies, and more. Additionally, Dr. Saavedra is an asthma specialist providing comprehensive treatment for asthma patients. He evaluates both children and adults of all ages for treatment of allergic conditions. Patient education is an integral part of each patient’s treatment plan and the medical staff of Phoenix Allergy & Asthma is committed to delivering the best medical care possible.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology
Education and training
- Medical School - Louisiana State University, Doctor of Medicine
- Louisiana State University, Residency in Internal Medicine
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Fellowship in Allergy and Immunology
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
Awards and publications
- Saavedra, M., Sur, S. Down regulation of the high-affinity IgE receptor associated with successful treatment of chronic idiopathic urticaria with omalizumab. Clinical and Molecular Allergy 2011, 9:2 January 19, 2011.
- Saavedra, M., J.A. Grant. Successful treatment of a patient with urticarial vasculitis and angioedema. ACAAI Annual Meeting, 2007
- Saavedra, M., N. Dharajiya, D.R. Redding, I. Boldogh, C.Y. Lee, S. Sur. Scavenging of reactive oxidative species generated by pollen NADPH oxidases inhibits Th2 and Th17 cytokine production from johnson grass sensitized human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. AAAAI Annual Meeting, 2007.
Phoenix Allergy & Asthma
4901 N. 44th Street, Suite 103
Phoenix, AZ 85018