Dr. Robert Behan, OD
Dr. Robert Behan is a member of the team at Metropolitan Vision and concentrates on comprehensive management of patients' visual needs. Dr. Behan was a top graduate of the Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago. He completed a residency at the Illinois Eye Institute and the Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind where he concentrated on the management of ocular disease and low vision rehabilitation. Dr Behan is also experienced in specialty contact lens fitting. Dr. Behan was the recipient of the Wesley Jessen Award for Contact Lens Excellence and Eschenbach Award for Low Vision Rehabilitation. He is a dedicated member of the American Optometric Association and New York State Optometric Association Dr Behan lives in Brooklyn with his wife and two beautiful children.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- American Board of Optometry
Education and training
- Illinois College of Optometry, Doctor of Optometry
- Illinois Eye Institute (Residency)
- The Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired (Residency)
- American Optometric Association
- New York State Optometric Association
Awards and publications
- Eschenbach Award for Low Vision Rehabilitation
- Wesley Jessen Award for Contact Lens Excellence
Metropolitan Vision Correction Associates
22 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10011