About Colleen Cira
We at Cira Center for Behavioral Health believe that therapy is based on research & science, both of which are incredibly important, but know that nothing is more important than feeling heard & understood without any judgment. When a strong, supportive relationship is combined with direct feedback & skill building, people change & lives improve. We primarily work with adults who are struggling with major life changes (divorce, starting a family, etc), stress, relationship difficulties, anxiety, depression, anger, self-esteem & trauma. We offer individual, family & group therapy services. Both myself & my associates, specialize in treating trauma & women's issues. Several of us are also certified in Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR), an evidenced based intervention that has been proven effective for treating chronic as well as single incident trauma.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Education and training
- Argosy University, Chicago, PsyD in Clinical Psychology
- Argosy University, Chicago, Master’s in Clinical Psychology
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (Bachelor’s)
Awards and publications
- Citizen of the Year, Orland Township (1998)
- Nominated as one of the Top 50 Women in Chicago Making a Difference, Chicago Woman Magazine (1998)
- Illinois Psychological Association Internship Consortium: Board of Directors (2012-Present)
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center - Behavioral Health Services
Colleen Cira's office locations
Cira Center for Behavioral Health
155 N Michigan Ave, Suite 624
Chicago, IL 60601
Cira Center for Behavioral Health
715 W Lake St, Suite 269
Oak Park, IL 60301
Patient reviews for Colleen Cira, MA, PsyD
I love Dr. Cira and have ended up seeing her now for over a year. She's insightful, respectful and helpful. I absolutely adore her and will continue to see her as long as I am in this city. She's really great with women's issues (coming from a woman who saw her for body image and perfectionism). Also, she's an adopter of new technologies (such as payment services) to continuously improve the patient experience
She was excellent! Extremely understand that I had my children with me and tried to work around them while I had my appointment. She was so friendly and made me feel so comfortable! I scheduled two more appointments with her after my first she's great!
I was having some anxiety problems starting early this year. It went on for months. My thoughts were spinning out of control causing various physical symptoms. After exhausting the patience of many doctors, one recommended I see a psychologist for health anxiety. I had never seen a psychologist before and felt quite ignorant not knowing what health anxiety even was. After just few sessions with Dr. Cira, I started to finally feel better. For months I felt hopeless, whereas now I see a light at the end of the tunnel. She has helped me recognize the signs and symptoms of health anxiety. This was the first psychologist I have worked with and I could not be happier. She is knowledgeable in her field, and really takes the time to listen to my problems before we work through each one. She offers insightful thoughts and questions that have really opened my eyes and made me think. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Cira to anyone.
Dr. C is very knowledgable in her field. She is very understanding and compassionate. She really knows how to get people to open up. I would recommend her to anyone
Dr. Cira is welcoming, warm and thought provoking. She allows me to talk and then chimes in with insightful observations or additional probing questions. I've seen her several times and am feeling great after each visit.
She listened to me, which was very important. I thought the visit went great. I was able to tell her the problems I was having, and she was able to help me find solutions, and is confident that she can help me. That's all that I can really hope for right now.
Colleen was welcoming and kind during my intake visit. Although it was only our first meeting, she made me feel comfortable and listened to. I will be continuing my treatment with her.
Dr. Colleen Cira made me feel so comfortable and relaxed during our appointment. She's very easy to open up to and is very soft spoken and caring. I can't wait to begin my journey to good mental health with her. Anybody and everybody should visit Dr. Cira.
- Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Primary Care Doctor
- More Specialties
- Pre-Move In Couples Counseling
- Academic Psychology Testing
- Addiction / Substance Abuse
- Adolescent / Teen Issues
- Analytical Therapy / Psychoanalysis
- Anger Management
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Behavioral Therapy
- Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Cognitive Therapy
- Couples Conflict Resolution
- More Procedures
- Aetna Psychologists
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- Cigna Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Psychologists
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford Psychologists
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP) Psychologists
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI) Psychologists
- More Insurances