Dr. Candice Chen, MD
Cancellation Policy: Dr. Chen has a 24 hour cancelation policy. We require 24 hour notice prior to the appointment for all cancelations and reschedule appointments. Any appointment cancelled or rescheduled within the 24 hour period incurs a fee for new patients and established patients. Dr. Candice Chen is an ophthalmologist treating patients in Santa Monica, California, and the surrounding communities. She holds certification from the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Chen is also a member of professional organizations including the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American Medical Association. For her undergraduate degree, Dr. Chen attended Colombia University, graduating magna cum laude. She remained at the university in order to pursue her medical degree. Dr. Chen continued her medical education at the West Los Angeles Medical Center, completing an internship program in general medicine. She received her residency training in ophthalmology at the University of California, Los Angeles, Jules Stein Eye Institute. Patients visiting Dr. Chen can receive a full range of eye-care services. She provides comprehensive dilated-eye examinations, fittings for eyeglasses and contact lenses, foreign body removal, and general consultations. Treatment is available for issues including cataracts, double vision, allergic eye problems, eye infection, and vision loss.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Santa Monica - University of California Los Angeles Medical Center and Orthopaedic Hospital
- Saint John's Health Center
- American Board of Ophthalmology
Education and training
- Medical School - Columbia University, Doctor of Medicine
- Veterans Affairs West Los Angeles Medical Center, Internship in General Medicine
- University of California, Los Angeles, Jules Stein Eye Institute, Residency in Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
Awards and publications
- Cambridge Who’s Who for Ophthalmology
- Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons - Research Day Award, Outstanding Clinical Research
- Chen CS, Gupta A, Schwartz SD, et. al. 25- Gauge vitrectomy initial experience: Safety. JSEI Clinical and Research Seminar – Talk. May 20-21, 2005.
- Chen CS, Gupta A, Schwartz SD, et. al. 25 – Gauge transconjunctival vitrectomy: Intraoperative safety. ARVO – Poster Presentation. May 5, 2005.
- Chen CS, Hood DC, Zhang X, et. al. Repeat reliability of the multifocal visual evoked potential in normal and glaucomatous eyes. J Glaucoma. 2003 Oct; 12(5):399-408.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Candice S. Chen, MD
1301 20th St, Ste 105
Santa Monica, CA 90404