Dr. Mia Cowan, MD
ALERT: FOR EARLIER AND URGENT APPOINTMENTS PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE! Dr. Mia Cowan is Founder and Medical Director of MiBella Wellness Center. A native of Birmingham, AL, Dr. Mia received both her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and Master of Arts degree in Health Education and Promotion from the University of Alabama. She completed her Doctorate of Medicine and residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology from the Medical College of Wisconsin. During residency, Dr. Mia won several awards and was appointed Chief Resident of the OB/GYN residency program from 2005-2006. Dr. Mia is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She received her training as a Bariatric Medicine Specialist from the Center for Medical Weight Loss and has a Master of Business Administration degree from Auburn University. Dr. Cowan provides exemplary care to adolescents and women of all ages for their gynecology care. She has special interests in chronic pelvic pain and minimally invasive surgery. In addition, she also provides comprehensive weight loss programs and Smartlipo in her office. Her goal is to provide superior patient care to promote lifelong health and wellness. In 2011, Dr. Cowan was honored as one of the Birmingham Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40. She was nominated for the “Start Up Business of the Year” Award by the African American Business Council as well as the Birmingham Business Alliance’s “Emerging Business of the Year” Award. Dr. Cowan is also featured in Heart & Soul Magazine’s August/September 2011 issue. Dr. Cowan lives in Hoover with her husband Joseph and daughter Marley. During her free time, she enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with family and friends.
Is this doctor in your insurance network?
- Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
- Grandview Medical Center
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Education and training
- Auburn University, Master’s in Business Administration
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Medical School - Medical College of Wisconsin, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa (Bachelor’s)
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Master’s in Health Education and Promotion
Awards and publications
- Birmingham Business Alliance’s “Emerging Business of the Year” Award
- Featured in Heart & Soul Magazine’s August/September 2011 issue.
- In 2011, Dr. Cowan was honored as one of the Birmingham Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40.
- Nominated for the “Start Up Business of the Year” Award by the African American Business Council
MiBella Wellness Center
3000 Meadow Lake Dr, Suite 101
Birmingham, AL 35242