Very efficient and took the time to answer all my questions. Great experience.
Infectious Disease Specialists in Manhattan, New York, NY
Need to make an infectious disease specialist appointment this week? Use Zocdoc to find infectious disease specialists in Manhattan, New York who take your insurance. It’s simple, secure and free.
Infectious Disease Specialists near Manhattan, New York, NYwho acceptenter your insurance to view in-network doctorstap to enter your insurance to view in-network doctors
I cannot fully express the gratitude I have for Dr. Smith. I came to him when I was terrified and couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me. I had been to the ER, a primary care, a neurologist and a nurse practitioner and they all looked at me and said, “its probably just a virus. You just have to let it run its course.” But weeks went by and I knew in my heart that something was off. I walked into the office completely emotionally and physically drained. I was greeted by Gina. She is an absolute sweetheart and made me feel welcome. Craig, the office manager is one of the most genuinely kind people I’ve ever met. Every time I came to the office he made me feel taken care of and safe. A few times I came to my appointment early just to see Gina and Craig. As for Dr. Smith, you couldn’t ask for a more invested doctor. I think other doctors are even surprised at his attentiveness and willingness to go the extra mile for his patients even if its inconvenient for him. He listened to me but not only that he really heard me. He made sure I understood his thought process and why he was running certain tests. He took me seriously when so many others didn't. It turned out that it wasn’t a virus that was going to run its course. He ended up admitting me to the hospital and I was there for 5 days. Dr. Smith came to see me every single day and brought in specialists to deal with my complex case. He always filled in the blanks for me and answered my questions. Honestly, he made me believe in doctors again. Even though what was happening to me was scary he made me feel like it was going to be okay and it was. I feel lucky to know him and to be his patient.
Amazing doctor. Will go above and beyond for you, which is invaluable and very rare. Can't say enough good about her!
Amazing!! what a lovely, intelligent human. He is intelligent, calm and addressed all my concerns, and made me feel comfortable and cared for. He followed up on all of my lab results, and he jumped through hoops to get me a prescription that was out of stock at many pharmacies. I highly recommend him.
Great Doctor! On the money,& compassionate!
Unlike most doctors in NYC, Dr. Vaynkof actually took the time to listen to my complaints and explore my medical history. He also personally followed up with me regarding my test results and was always available to answer any questions I had about treatment or care.
It was my first visit so it's hard to say much, but the doctor was very kind and patient and his staff was lovely. I will be going back.
I am a patient for almost 4 years. The professional service is excellent. Yuette always gracious. Dorothy Lee alway accomodating. Dr. Nadim Salomon - best care physician <3
Dr. Gilbert was wonderful. She was amiable, accessible, clear in her explanation and reasons for her diagnosis and totally thorough. She made sure that I understood her thinking and the science behind it and I had great confidence that her analysis was supported by the facts and he experience.
The wait isn’t the best but I scheduled during a busy hr (7pm on a weekday). Honestly, Dr. Preis was worth the wait. I adore her honesty, knowledge, thoroughness and demeanor. She’s a great dr who I had to see after her great work with my fiancé! Neither of us ever like doctors but we’d both HIGHLY recommend her
Dr. Perlman's manner, treatment and counsel mirrored his well-served reputation for excellence.
My visit with Dr. Rahimian was just what I was looking for in a PCP. On time, prepared, helpful in addional sources of help, and extremly friendly and professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find a doctor who takes my insurance?
Zocdoc lets you search specifically for a Manhattan, New York Infectious Disease Specialist who takes your insurance. Just choose your carrier and plan from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. If you’re not sure which plan you have, you can use Zocdoc’s insurance checker to find out.
How soon can I see an Infectious Disease Specialist in Manhattan, New York?
On average, patients who use Zocdoc get to see an Infectious Disease Specialist in Manhattan, New York within 24 hours of searching for an appointment.
What is Zocdoc?
Zocdoc is a free online service that lets patients find a Manhattan, New York Infectious Disease Specialist and book appointments instantly. You can use Zocdoc’s website or app to search for a Manhattan, New York Infectious Disease Specialist who takes your insurance. If you don’t know which type of doctor you need to see, you can search by symptom or visit reason instead.
Is Zocdoc free for patients?
Yes. Zocdoc lets you book appointments with an Infectious Disease Specialist in Manhattan, New York at no cost. You can also read verified reviews for Infectious Disease Specialists and fill out check-in forms online — it’s all free.
How do I know if an Infectious Disease Specialist in Manhattan, New York is in-network?
Zocdoc lets you search specifically for an Infectious Disease Specialist who is in-network for your insurance plan.
Can I make a same-day appointment on Zocdoc?
On average, patients who use Zocdoc get appointments within 24 hours of searching for a Manhattan, New York Infectious Disease Specialist. Same-day appointments might be available, but it depends on where and when you book, what your insurance is, and which type of doctor you want to see.
New York Infectious Disease Specialists
Infectious disease medicine is a branch of internal medicine. Infectious disease doctors specialize in diagnosing and treating diseases caused by microorganisms. These microscopic organisms enter the body and infect it, causing symptoms that can range from mild to fatal. Infectious disease specialists usually work with other medical specialists to diagnose and treat the affected organ systems, such as the central nervous system or cardiovascular system.
The American Medical Association states that infectious diseases are the second largest cause of death around the globe. The four main kinds of germs that lead to diseases are:
- Viruses - Viruses can affect, damage or kill cells and induce sickness. The common cold, hepatitis and HIV are three examples of viruses.
- Bacteria - Bacteria are single-celled organisms that cause illnesses such as tuberculosis or urinary tract infections.
- Parasites - Illnesses such as malaria are caused by a parasite that is transmitted through a mosquito bite. In this case, the mosquito carries a parasite.
- Fungi - Fungi causes infections like ringworm.
Find infectious disease specialists in NYC
Your search for an infectious disease specialist ends here: You can find top-rated infectious disease doctors near you. Use Zocdoc to search for a conveniently located doctor who accepts your insurance. Filter your search based on your condition, insurance and location on our website or via our mobile apps. Look for the right time slot and book your appointment instantly.
Thousands of patients have already left reviews for doctors in NYC, which means you’ll have their feedback to help you pick your doctor. To make things even easier, you can now fill out the waiting room forms online and rest easy at the doctor’s office. Create a Zocdoc account, and book appointments with the best infectious disease doctors in NYC, for free!
Common ways in which infectious diseases are transmitted
Infectious diseases are transmitted in a number of ways:
- Contagious infections are transferred by direct contact with a person who has the infection.
- Infections can be transmitted through contaminated water or food.
- Indirect contact such as touching something that has germs on it is another way diseases can spread.
- Infections can be transmitted through insect or animal bites.
- During pregnancy, a mother can pass germs onto the unborn child.
Prevention of infectious disease
Infectious diseases can have varying symptoms, and if the symptoms are mild, they may go unnoticed. Here are some precautionary measures that you can take to avoid contracting an infection altogether:
- Make it a habit to wash your hands regularly, especially before preparing or consuming food.
- Timely immunization can help reduce your risk of getting an infection.
- Practice safe sex.
- Visit a doctor immediately if you have any contact with wild animals.
- Avoid sharing personal items such as toothbrushes and utensils.
Sources: American College of Physicians,
The content herein is provided for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Medical information changes constantly, and therefore the content on this website should not be assumed to be current, complete or exhaustive. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please call your doctor or 9-1-1 (in the United States) immediately.
- Eltingville, Staten Island, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Van Nest, Bronx, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Manhasset Hills, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Little Italy, New York, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Sunnyside, New York, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Prospect Park South, New York, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Woodrow, Staten Island, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Country Club, Bronx, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Maspeth, New York, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Kew Garden Hills, Queens, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Roosevelt, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Graniteville, Staten Island, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Pelham Gardens, Bronx, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Midwood, Brooklyn, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- Island Park, NY Infectious Disease Specialists
- More Locations
- Manhattan Allergists
- Manhattan Cardiologists
- Manhattan Dentists
- Manhattan Dermatologists
- Manhattan Doctors
- Manhattan Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Manhattan Gastroenterologists
- Manhattan Ob-gyns
- Manhattan Ophthalmologists
- Manhattan Optometrists
- Manhattan Orthopedic Surgeons
- Manhattan Pediatricians
- Manhattan Podiatrists
- Manhattan Psychiatrists
- Manhattan Urologists
- More Specialties
- Anal Warts / Condyloma
- Chicken Pox
- Chickenpox (Varicella) Vaccine
- Clostridium Difficile Colitis
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
- More Procedures