Doctors in Jersey City, NJ
Need to make a primary care doctor appointment this week? Use Zocdoc to find doctors in Jersey City who take your insurance. It’s simple, secure and free.
Doctors near Jersey City, NJwho acceptenter your insurance to view in-network doctorstap to enter your insurance to view in-network doctors
A lot of waiting in between time with Dr. and tests, but Dr. Pollak provides great service and bedside manner!
Dr. Suarez was the most thorough and explanatory doctor I’ve ever been to. He was very welcoming and kind of made me feel at ease right away. I loved how he explained every one of my concerns and didn’t make me feel awkward for having them. Dr. Suarez is now my PCP and I fully recommend him. He is also amazing at OMT.
I'm so happy I found Dr. Galstian! She took all my concerns seriously and didn't rush the appointment. She gave great advice on how I can change certain habits vs. trying to prescribe me something as a "quick solve". Lastly, I'm shopping for new insurance and she was very understanding of that. I saw her for a physical and she recommended that I come back for blood work once my insurance is setup. Overall, I'm impressed with her and her staff members. 100% recommend.
Very nice guy. Wait was a bit longer than expected but not too bad. Will definitely see him again.
Very straightforward, professional and friendly doctor. Always gets to the point with compassion.
Jersey City Primary Care Doctors
Primary care physicians, commonly known as PCPs, are trained in providing the first point of care for people with undiagnosed health issues not limited to any one organ or specialty. They are trained in health promotion, disease prevention, counseling, patient education and management of both acute and chronic illnesses. Often, they collaborate with another specialist by way of referrals and consultations to provide care to patients. They tend to encourage effective communication with their patients to make them partners in their health management. They can either hold a doctor of medicine (MD) or doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) degree as their medical degrees, and they usually pursue a postgraduate residency in internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics or gynecology.
You can read about what the American Academy of Family Physicians has to say about PCPs.
Find the best doctors in Jersey City
What makes Zocdoc unique? We help you find the right doctor to provide you with the best healthcare in Jersey City. All you need to do is input your condition, location and insurance into the search criteria, which will populate a list of doctors near you. To help you choose your PCP, we also provide reviews for each doctor left by actual patients post-appointment.
You can create an account and book appointments for free. You can receive reminders for your upcoming appointments, leave reviews for the providers you visit, and enjoy the benefits of our check-in suite. The check-in suite includes waiting room forms that you can fill out online and an insurance-card capture that enables you to upload a picture of your insurance card before your appointment.
Internist vs. family physician
- Both internists and family physicians are responsible for providing primary care to their patients, however, there are some crucial differences between these two types of doctors. Knowing this distinction can help you choose the right doctor for your healthcare needs.
- A key differentiator between the two is the type of patients both doctors choose to see. Internists tend to focus on diseases affecting adults, while a family physician is skilled at addressing issues faced by all of your family members, including children.
- Another difference is in the duties that both of these types of practitioners carry out. Though not a rule, generally internists tend to focus on issues having greater complexity when compared to family physicians. While internists provide in-patient care in hospital settings or their clinics, family physicians are more likely to focus on preventative care.
The content herein is provided for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Medical information changes constantly, and therefore the content on this website should not be assumed to be current, complete or exhaustive. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. If you think you may have a medical emergency, please call your doctor or 9-1-1 (in the United States) immediately.
- Jersey City Allergists
- Jersey City Cardiologists
- Jersey City Dentists
- Jersey City Dermatologists
- Jersey City Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors
- Jersey City Gastroenterologists
- Jersey City Ob-gyns
- Jersey City Ophthalmologists
- Jersey City Optometrists
- Jersey City Orthopedic Surgeons
- Jersey City Pediatricians
- Jersey City Podiatrists
- Jersey City Psychiatrists
- Jersey City Urologists
- More Specialties
- Cardiology Follow Up
- Endocrinology Consultation
- Endocrinology Follow Up
- Foot Consultation
- Foot Follow Up
- Neurology Consultation
- Neurology Follow Up
- Neurosurgery Consultation
- Oncology Follow Up
- Orthopedic Follow Up
- Surgery Consultation
- Urology Follow Up
- Nose Problems
- Abdominal Cramps
- More Procedures
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as HIP)
- EmblemHealth (formerly known as GHI)
- More Insurances